Friday, October 2, 2009

My favourite cake recipe



Something a little different! I have a friend... yes, at least one LOL ... and we have known each other for years. Some time ago she gave me a copy of her cake recipe which I now make on a regular basis. It is one of the easiest cake recipes ever, is totally yummy and quick! I hope you like it too :)


Kathee's Cake Recipe


1 cup sugar
4 tblspns butter
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups SR flour
1/2 cup water
vanilla essence

all measurements are metric

Preheat oven to 180C . Grease and line the base of cake tin. Beat butter and sugar together, add lightly beaten eggs, beat until smooth. Add flour (which you could sift but I usually don't) slowly and then add water. Pour into a lightly greased and lined 20cm (8") deep round cake tin. Bake at 180C for 40-50mins (less in a fanforced oven). Cake is cooked if it springs back when lightly pressed in the middle or a skewer comes out clean.

Optional:

Whilst the cake is still hot and in the tin, spread butter over the top and sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Remove from tin and allow to cool

YUMMY!!




Please let me know if you try this out and what you thought of the results!




Have a great day wherever you are!




No comments: