Friday, November 11, 2011

I'm a Winner and Lachlan's Album

oooh! very exciting, I won the Scarecrow Challenge over at Cuttin' Up With Class and got a cute badge to put on my Blog... my very first :)

I have been working on a huge project for Rebekah and Chris to celebrate Lachlan's first year. I cannot believe that he is almost a year old now. This album started out life as a mini 4" x 4.5" and just kept growing.. a bit like Lachlan! The finished item has a cover of 5" X 10" and I have gone from 1" ring to 2" rings to hold it all together. In this day of iPhones and Facebook  and so on, not many photos are taken with an actual camera and certainly not many are printed out to share. I had to source these pics from phones, Facebook and my little supply I had on my camera. It has been a lot of fun creating this album and I really hope that Chris and Bec love it.

The album is made up of little pockets with tags in and other pockets that just hold pictures. The tags have photos attached or spots for journaling and I have added in extra pockets and journal spots in case they have extra pics I missed or want to add their own thoughts. The whole album was cut on my KNK Maxx, even the covers, which are paper covered cereal boxes. I had to purchase a Crop-a-Dile to punch the holes in the spine, but what a perfect reason to make the buy LOL

As well as my own designs for the album, I used a couple of cutter files from Chris Durnan and Jan Bryson from Visual Designs by Chris and The More Team! . From Chris I used CD00413 - Tab Book and CD00665 - Just a Pocket (can't find this one in the Store yet) and from Jan, JB00212 - Itty Bitty File Tabs and JB00486 - Joy Fold Card .

Supplies:

DCWV - Cardstock
Little Yellow Bicycle - Snugglebug range  Journal spots and Rub-on
Creative Memories and Xyron - Memorabilia Pockets
Brandcorp - brads and photo tabs
Cre8tiv - paper, word stickers and chipboard Alpha
Dotty's Craft Shop - Alpha
My Imagination - Ribbons
Kaiser Scrapbook - stamps
Versa Color - stamp pads
Ranger - Archival ink pad
Creative Memories - corner rounder and pens
Xyron - "X" , 2.5", 5" and 9" Sticker Makers
Scotch ATG gun and Magic tape
Glue Glider Pro











and these are just a few pages :)  I am so pleased with the way it turned out... what do you think ?

Have a wonderful day wherever you are!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely awesome!!! I love it and can just imagine how much Lachlan's parents are going to love it. Lachlan has a wonderful grandmother. Beautiful!!

Barbara said...

It's just precious! As a long-time scrapper, I appreciate what went into this marvelous creation! Way to go!

paperlady-Joan said...

Congrats on your scarecrow win.
The album for Lachlan is fabulous!!!!! You have done a fantastic job on it.